The 2017 Equality Parade is set to march the streets of Warsaw on June 3rd.
It is an annual event dedicated to promoting acceptance, inclusiveness and diversity. The Equality Parade does not solely focus on LGBTQIA+ issues but advocates equal rights for all groups suffering from discrimination, such as people with disabilities, ethnic and religious minorities as well as animals.
- Picnic begins at 12:00 (red colour on map).We will have English-speaking volunteers at Info Place (green).
- More info: www.facebook.com/events/1927094960869656/
2. Parade starts at 16:00 (from the pink dot marked on the map). We start marching on Aleje Jerozolimskie next to Warszawa Śródmieście railway station. We reach Plac Zawiszy and then we proceed down Koszykowa street to Plac Konstytucji. From there we walk down Marszałkowska street to Plac Defilad, our final destination. There are volounteers placed throughout the whole Parade that are right there to help you – you can recognize them by pink shirts:
More info: www.facebook.com/events/1816553625280189/
3. Then we would love to invite you to our after party at the Palace of Culture.
More info: www.facebook.com/events/121782078391085/
4. We have also Equality Week – an annual week of pro equality events gathered near the date of Parade. Events that will take in foreign language
- 2.06, 16:00-17:30, Krytyka Polityczna (politicalcritique.org/contact/) – “The panel will be focused on LGBTI activism in repressive and neo-conservative regimes” (more info)
- 2.06, 18:00-19:30, Krytyka Polityczna (politicalcritique.org/contact/) – “How to use European and other mechanisms to overcome fear and achieve progress on LGBTI rights” (more info)
- 2.06, 20:00-23:00, Pub Loko, ul. Smolna 36 – “Pride Pub Crawl” (more info)
- 6.06, 19:00-21:00, Kinoteka – “Concert of the choir” (more info)
- 2.06, 20:00-22:00, Kinoteka – “„Tom of Finland” – Polish premiere” (more info)
- 4.06, 19:45-21:45, Kino Luna – “„Jonathan” – pre-premiere screening” (more info)
- 5.06, 18:00-20:30, Klub Państwo-Miasto – “Persecution of gay people in Chechnya – public debate with participation of experts” (more info)
Thank you so much and see you on the 3rd of June!